We hope to highlight the value that Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 brings to manufacturers. This week we will focus on some features that can aid process and lean manufacturing companies.
- Define multiple inventory dimensions: dual units of measure, catch-weight calculations, packaging codes, variations to the main item, and lots.
- Manage multilevel formulas or recipes, co-products and by-products, electronic signatures, and packaging options.
- Let customers request multiple quality specifications per product while combining similar products in production to improve machine utilization.
- Analyze and monitor production costs and requirements for each sales order component using graphical representations of multilevel formulas and recipes.
- Reduce inventory costs and eliminate waste by pulling inventory in optimal sequence using “best-before” management and first expired/first out (FEFO) or first in/first out (FIFO) picking guidance.
- Facilitate regulatory compliance with agencies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by validating manufacturing processes.
- Model manufacturing and logistics processes as production flows.
- Use kanbans to signal demand requirements.
- Monitor and manage kanban jobs using kanban boards